Search This Blog

Thursday 1 June 2017

Relax....Father's Day Slippers

Hi All,

Thanks for joining me. We're still enjoying lovely weather aren't we! I'm off to Wales for a week next week, so I'm sure that will change lol.

Today I would like to share a card I made for class last week using the Woodware Man Slippers stamp. I have stamped my base image on kraft card and then another on some Fancy Pants patterned paper. I cut them both out and coloured in some of the trim.  


The Father's Day words are from another Woodware set - Wearing it Well. And the diecut letters are Tim Holtz Block Talk.

All backed onto another piece of Fancy Pants, which is distressed anyway, but i paper scraped the edges, added some distress ink and some splats to grunge it up a little more :-)

This would make a great retirement or birthday card as well. 

Bye for now
Lisa
x

I would like to enter my card into my first ever challenge on the Cardz 4 Guyz - Your Favourite Colour Combo Challenge #170

8 comments:

  1. Love the fancy pants paper...does it come in a pad of paper or single sheets. My dad would have loved that card bless him, exactly like the slippers he used to wear.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's single 12x12 sheets - there are 4 designs in this range i think. I love Fancy pants papers! Aww bless xx My Dad doesn't wear slippers but i did make an extra one of these - although he does see my blog lol x

      Delete
    2. Can you put by one of each of the papers please. Be in later in the week. Thank you. Xxx

      Delete
  2. What a super card! It's a great image for male cards and I really like the paper you've used. The extra distressing on the background works really well. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect card for a man and what a great image for them. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cute card. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice distressed look to this. Did you stamp in brown ink? It has a softer look. I think I was in your neck of the woods last week, in Aspley Guise , at a murder mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina, yes I stamped in versafine vintage sepia - that and grey do give a softer finish which makes a nice change from black. Ooooh sounds fun! Yes just up the road :-) x

      Delete