Search This Blog

Friday 21 April 2017

Secret Message Pull-Up Slider Card

Hi All,

Hope you are all well. Firstly (!), slap my wrists for being THE worst blogger ever. My original target was a post a week at least, it seems I'm not managing a post a month! I will aim to rectify this....she says! :-)

I wanted to share a quick tutorial with you all for a Secret Message Pull-Up Slider Card that i have just taught at The Craft Studio. I've been meaning to make this style of card for a while and had planned on using a completely different stamp set, but anyway..... I have seen tutorials in inches, so adapted slightly to fit a C6 card blank in cm's.

We made this card using Woodware Wood Panel background stamp (possibly my most use stamp!) and Marianne Design Eline's beach Hut stamp set - love these stamps!! I used them on a Dabble Day last year and thought I'd revisit the set for another card.

The finished design looks like this....



And then you pull the tab to reveal the secret message...


You need the following pieces of card - 
2 x white 10 x 14cm 
1 x white 7.5 x 12cm
1 x navy 10.5 x 14.85cm (C6)
Then extra white card to stamp images onto, to be cut out or torn out.

I distress inked both of the 10x14cm pieces of card in faded jeans distress ink and stamped the wood panel stamp in Colorbox Bon Voyage Blue onto both - i think in hindsight i would stamp the wood panel on only one to make the message stand out more. I then stamped various images from the Beach House stamp set using the same colour ink on one of the panels - this is to be the front of the card.

Then for the cutting and scoring........

You are cutting a 'U' shape into your front stamped panel at 2cm in from the sides and then scoring at cm, 7cm & 11cm, only in between your cut lines as in the (rather crude) diagram below....



You  then turn this piece over and stick red line ultra sticky tape to the bottom 1cm section of the flap and round the 2 sides and bottom of the whole piece of card, as below




Use a circle punch to create a semi circle at the top of both of your 10x14cm pieces (as shown above).

Line your 7.5 x 12cm piece of card up with the bottom of you flap and stick to that piece of redline tape - this piece will overhang either side of your vertical cut lines of the flap and should line up with your top edge.

Then stick the whole of your other piece of inked card on top (so that once it's stuck the inked side is facing away from you, and you will see it from the front when you pull up your slider. This is where you will stamp/write your 'secret message'.

Your mechanism should now work :-) Punch a hole in the top of the 'tag' pull up piece and tie some twine through. And mount the whole piece onto navy card - avoid taping near the top where your pull up tag is. This now fits on the front of a C6 card blank.

Stamp, cut out or tear out all of your other images from the Beach House stamp set and add to card as desired - just make sure to avoid taping over any scored lines, so stick the main ship image only to the bottom section of the moving panel. I added some distress inked and torn pieces of card as 'sand' and 'sea' and some twine. 

Thanks for reading - I hope my first ever blog tutorial all makes sense! 

Bye for now
Lisa xx








2 comments:

  1. A great tutorial Lisa. I'm keen to gI've this a go. Thanks for sharing. Barbx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Thanks Lisa. I will note down measurements and have a play - shame I missed the class!

    ReplyDelete